|Votes:||+15 (100% positiv)|
|Created:||December 28, 2018 at 4:13 am|
|Updated:||July 11, 2020 at 5:18 pm|
|Planner:||⚙ Open in Build Planner|
Hey. Here is my Solo Full Damage Two Handed Melee Build. It’s a pretty simple Build I’ve put together through the game until now. This is made for Solo player and the use of Two Handed Melee weapons only (Super Sledge, Fire Axe, Grognak Axe). The Build is played with Power Armor and mainly thought to maximize damage at all cost (kind of) but it is quite tanky as well due to his High Risk High Reward nature. You gonna need to ideally stay within the range of 5% to 30% HP at max and below 20% HP for good efficiency.
If you’re looking into getting the highest damage possible with two handed melee weapon, I have made another Guide that may interest you: https://www.falloutbuilds.com/builds/highest-two-handed-damage-possible/
You can basically One Shot every enemies in the game at their max level quite easily, (atleast to this date as far as I know) and without any buff whatsoever. (Scorchbeast lvl80, Deathclaws lvl91, Behemoth lvl50, Queen Mirelurk lvl50, etc…)
The only exception here is obviously the Scorchbeast Queen lvl95.
I’ve put together some video clips to show you the damage you will achieve with this Build. It can help you better understand how this need to be played too so you may want to check this out.
Link : https://youtu.be/38PXuaVutUU
Note: I was actually nerfed with some perks off, so you should be a bit more efficient than what you see in this video. Enjoy.
The highest raw damage you will get thanks to this Build is around 2400: (No buff, Solo and with the Adrenaline +60% damage boost)
Nukes & Dragons
- Must have : Weapon Artisan
- Nice to have : Hard Bargain, Cap collector, Super Duper, Fix it Good, Power Patcher, Power Smith, Refractor
- Bonus : Curator, Home Defense, Inspirational, Party Boy, Strange in Numbers, Team Medic, Aquaboy, Picklock, Expert Picklock, Master Picklock, Hacker, Expert Hacker, Master Hacker, Iron Fist, Strong Back
- If you play in a team, swap Lone Wanderer Perk for Strange in Numbers, Team Medic and Squad Maneuver. Maybe just use your Bloodied weapon over your Instigating.
Some of them are very important to this Build and some are just there for comfort. Here is the priority list :
- Must have : Adrenaline Reaction, Twisted Muscles, Grounded, Scaly Skin
- Nice to have : Electrically Charged, Speed Demon, Healing Factor, Talons, Marsupial
- Bonus : Chameleon, Carnivore, Bird Bones
Note : Im not using Unstable Isotope cause it seems to heal ghouls, not sure tho. Plague Walker may be good too as it seems to not have any negative effects.
Top Tier Two Handed Weapons are:
– Super Sledge, Sledge, Bat, Grognak Axe, War Drum (I like Fire Axe very much tho)
Whatever you use as a weapon, the real important thing here is to have the good legendaries effects on it. The following pools of effect are the one you looking for :
- Bloodied + 40% Power ATK + 1 Strength | Highest Damage if Target Health is under 100%
- Instigating + 40% Power ATK + 1 Strength | Highest Damage if Target Health is at 100%
- Bloodied + 40% Swing Speed + 40% less damage while Power Attack | Highest Damage per Second (with Minor +1 Strength)
- Instigating + 40% Swing Speed + 40% less damage while Power Attack | Best Kill per Second (with Minor +1 Strength)
The first two are for the strongest enemies in the game with that you gonna have the maximal single hit damage you will ever get with this Build. Power Attack anything, and if it survive (spoiler alert : it won’t :P) switch over to the third one.
Thoses last two isn’t that necessary in the current state of the game, you indeed, theoretically get a higher DPS with the Bloodied one than any other weapon (due to Swing Speed), but the fact is nothing in the game can survive a single blow with a good weapon, so… However, thoses are the best weapons in my opinion for high group of enemies and crowd control.
Note : We do not have 5 in Intelligence to get Makeshift Warrior and mod our weapons ourselves, so you need to buy already modded one, make a friend mod it for you, or simply by temporarily respec.
X-01 POWER ARMOR
- Internal Database = +2 Intelligence
- Optimized Bracers x2 = Reduces AP requirement for Power Attacks
- Kinetic Servos = Increases action point refresh speed while moving
- Optimized Servos = Reduces action point cost for sprinting
- Emergency Protocols = Increases speed by 25% and reduces damage received by 50% when health is below 20%
NO POWER ARMOR
Like I said in the introduction, this Build was intended to be used along with a Power Armor. However, I’ve made an alternate version for thoses who really want to play without it. You need to know that, even if normal armor can be really strong and is a totally viable option, it’s more of an end game thing. The legendaries pieces of armor you’re gonna need are going to be tough to find and you will most likely not get a perfect set before reaching atleast level 150. (Good Power Armor conversly can be easily find in Early game)
That said, here is the alternative Build:
- Nukes & Dragons
Top Tier Armors are:
– BoS Heavy Combat and Marine armor (I don’t know much about armors tho)
Whatever you use for armor, the real important thing here is to have the good legendaries effects on it. In my opinion, the following set is near perfection:
PUSHING THE LIMITS
I want to put my finger on buff for a bit. Even if we don’t really need it at all to this date, it may be interesting for you to know that you can achieve much higher damage with buff. It may be usefull for the Scorchbeast Queen, further content, or simply to get your damage a little boost while you are building your character.
I’ve made a Google Spreadsheet Listing every consumables I am awared of, that increase your overall raw damage and which are stackable along with the best option per type:
God have mercy of your enemies.
WEAKNESSES AND POSSIBLE ADJUSTMENTS
There is two weaknesses I’ve encountered so far. (PA Version)
- First is obviously health, that’s kind of the point of the Build, but even if you can easily survive against 3 or 4 Scorchbeast shooting you from the air with 30% HP and some stimpaks, you obviously need to look at your health constantly. If you get below 10% HP in a tense situation, I recommend to not greed and burst a stimpak, the damage gain doesn’t worth it compared to a normal 20%/30% HP.
If you really want some higher HP, Lifegiver perk could provide you +45 HP at maximum level. It may not be that bad of a deal, but that’s up to you.
- The second and last is maintaining your AP for power attacks and running. The main reason we struggle with AP is Dodgy perk that avoid 30% of incoming damage at the cost of 30 AP. And believe me: that thing is gonna burst your AP pretty quick… In fact I have thought about getting rid of this perk entirely, but defense is an important thing in this build too. So same, up to you.
I really think this build can be improved further, I may have far too much overall damage (Adrenaline Perk maxed out is pretty overkill) at the cost of resistance, but it really fits my style well, so you’re probably gonna have to make some adjustments to fit yours.
UPDATE 1: Pushing the limits part has been modified, Chems cannot be stacked. (thanks to resistentialist)
UPDATE 3: Serendipity Perk don’t work in Power Armor… I have removed it and swapped to Lifegiver, but Im currently thinking about turning the Build into a no Power Armor one. I will need to test this out tho. (thanks to Karwxff)
UPDATE 4: Add Pushing the Limits Google Spreadsheet and some modifications on the Power Amor part
UPDATE 5: Add my Highest Two Handed Damage Input Possible Guide
UPDATE 6: Add Nukes & Dragons S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Build link + Team Perks alternative to Lone Wanderer Solo Perk
UPDATE 7: Adding some more information on Weapons part
UPDATE 8: Layout modifications
UPDATE 9: Add Non Power Armor Build Version
December 28, 2018 at 4:13 am