|Votes:||+3 (100% positiv)|
|Created:||February 5, 2020 at 1:50 am|
|Updated:||April 1, 2020 at 11:56 pm|
|Planner:||⚙ Open in Build Planner|
EDIT 1APR2020: PERKS HAVE BEEN FURTHER UPDATED. TEXT HAS BEEN UPDATED TO MATCH.
This is my current main toon, originally a Mutant VATS sniper build, morphed into this crazy Berserker monstrosity. This buildout is tweaked for using a full auto rifle with 25% less ap cost legendary perk so that you can just crank away with practically unlimited AP.
NOTES: Several substitutions can be made to tweak the build in different ways. Including:
- To turn this back into a Rifleman build, just replace the Commando perks with Rifleman perks. Also, you could swap Grim Reaper Sprint for Four Leaf Clover if you want to go that way.
- You may be tempted to swap out Born Survivor for more damage or sneak perks, like Escape Artist, Gun Fu, or Mister Sandman. Don’t. Without Born Survivor, you *will* die about 3x-5x more than you’re already dying, to the point that you will hate this build. This perk is the one thing that makes this build survivable in hectic situations, like the SBQ fight. IMO, it’s very much an essential part of the build.
- If you like to spam VATS Crits at the SBQ or Encryptid (any fight with a high HP creature), swap out Mysterious Savior with Critical Savvy.
- Why do I use Ground Pounder instead of Tank Killer? I’ve found, especially at the Queen and other high-mob events, being able to reload faster GREATLY increases my survivability. When surrounded by mobs, they tend to stagger you when they hit you, causing your reloading animation to cancel…and you usually get staggered again before you can reload your weapon. I’ve ended up dead so many times due to this that I tried out Ground Pounder. With it, you can usually get reloaded and take the enemies out before they kill you after staggering you multiple times.
- If you’re exploring or running a silo, you can swap out the 3 1* Intelligence perks and Ground Pounder with your Hacker and Picklock perks, respectively, with little survivability or damage output loss if you have to quickly deal with any enemies without time to swap perks back.
- If you’re running a rifle with the legendary Explosive perk, you can swap out the 3 1* Intelligence perks with 3* of Demolition Expert to ramp up damage output.
- I’m running 2* of Strong Back instead of 2* Bandolier because Strong Back is actually more useful than Bandolier due to the fact that most ballistic ammo is relatively light. If you decide to carry around a metric s**tton of ammo, you can swap Bandolier back into the deck. Do a quick test and see which one is more beneficial.
- At the Queen, I’ve gone to running a Quad FFR Cryolator with a Crystallizing Barrel in order to help keep her on the ground while everyone else either keeps ground clutter off my back or pounds away at the Queen. It works really well. Also, I don’t need any particular perks for it as I’m only using it for the freezing/slowing effect.
I’m also working on putting together a Weightless Wood and/or Leather Level 1 set of armor for this character. You can run this armor intact with minimal damage output loss, or easily break it to keep the perks working and maximize damage output. Once I have this set completed, I’ll list it and its perks here.
February 5, 2020 at 1:50 am