|Votes:||+2 (75% positiv)|
|Created:||November 4, 2018 at 7:03 am|
|Updated:||December 12, 2018 at 7:29 pm|
|Planner:||⚙ Open in Build Planner|
Hey there, this is my first build but I’ve been tweaking it for a while now and will continue to adjust it based on my experience with it. I will also try to balance it around the endgame: nuked areas, boss enemies and such.
Anyways, tank build: the general idea of this build is to draw and keep the attention of most of the enemies while staying alive as long as possible. The high amount of damage resistance, health regeneration and a few damage perks combined with a good heavy gun and power armor should accomplish this pretty well.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.: 12, 4, 15, 8, 3, 3, 11
This point distribution is going to give you a good amount of tanking perks and damage perks. I also included perks for using mutations and atleast 6 points in Charisma so you can share any 1 star or 2 star perk for a limited duration.
- Scaly Skin: +50 damage and energy resistance, -50 AP. Makes you more tanky against every enemy and when using Dodgy you won’t need much maximum AP anyways.
- Grounded: Gain 100 energy resistance, but also -50% energy damage. Great for a good chunk of enemies (like robots inside the bunkers) and if you don’t use energy weapons, but if otherwise then you’re gonna have to deal with your weapons being less effective or taking out some perk points for using Class Freak.
- Carnivore: Meat items give 2x benefits and no disease, but no vegetables. Using cooked meat as healing during and after combat becomes much more viable with this. Just get yourself some meat, cook it real quick and jump into the action!
- Healing Factor: Health regen +300%, chem effects -55%. Only works outside of combat which makes it hardly usable in longer fights, however still amazing for fighting smaller groups of enemies as those most likely won’t kill you so it lets you keep your aid for crucial moments (also throwing away almost all your stimpaks is great)
- Herd mentality: +2 to all SPECIAL when in a group, -2 when not in a group. No-brainer in a co-op build. Wouldn’t pick this as my only mutation but probably as second or third mutation to compensate for some negative effects of some mutations. Just don’t use this if you’re not always playing in a group.
- Strange In Numbers for a great buff to every teammate since they will likely use a mutation suited for their build.
- Photosynthetic, Sun Kissed and Ghoulish to fix up your teammate’s health to save up some aid.
- Rad Sponge while also using Ghoulish for dealing with radiation and health in nuked areas.
- Blocker or Bullet Shield and Pain Train. For dealing with smaller groups of enemies by simply running them over and melee’ing them or finishing them off with guns.
- Refractor and Butcher’s Bounty or Glow Sight. When collecting meat or dealing with lots of glowing enemies that don’t deal energy damage.
- Photosynthetic and Sun Kissed. Once you got a decent chunk of radiation (and its daytime) you can shortly switch these to get rid of your (and your teammates) rads.
- Photosynthetic and Rejuvenated. For some bonus during night time or in nuked areas. Extra HP is nice and extra AP regeneration works great with Scaly Skin, Dodgy and Pain Train.
- All Night Long and Ghoulish. For health regen in nuked areas.
- Bodyguards and Lone Wanderer. If you don’t always play in a group.
- Strange In Numbers or Suppressor and Inspirational, Quack Surgeon or Travel Agent. Inspirational for more exp when farming exp by yourself, Quack Surgeon for when your teammates go down a lot and Travel Agent if you fast travel a large distance.
- Any 1 star perk and Rad Sponge. This is the best way of dealing with rads in nuked areas. If you’re currently not in a group just team up with some random people in the nuked area.
- Nerd Rage and any other useful Intelligence perk, like Chemist, Contractor, First Aid, Power Patcher, Robotics Expert or Stabilized. Nerd Rage is more of a fail save in case you ever get into a really though fight rather than a perk that’s useful most the time (same goes for Serendipity) so if you don’t want that then feel free to switch these to whatever you like.
- Dodgy and Ammosmith, Home Defense, Marathoner or Thru-Hiker. All situational, just like Intelligence perks.
- Serendipity and Class Freak or any other 3 star Luck perks. If you’re having trouble with some negative mutation effects or don’t want to use fail save perks. Good With Salt works well with Carnivore.
- Remove Blocker (and Bear Arms) to max out all your Heavy Gunner perks.
- Use 1 star Heavy Gunner perks, then use 3 star Bear Arms.
Alright, time to explain why I chose all these perks:
- Heavy Gunner, Expert Heavy Gunner, Master Heavy Gunner: decent damage buff to compensate for the Minigun’s low damage or to make the Gatling Gun op
- Bullet Shield: high damage resistance, the longer you shoot the longer you stay tanky
- Blocker: most enemies can deal melee damage so this is really useful
- Bear Arms: even just 30% already helps a lot with the insane weight of some heavy guns
- Refractor: more damage resistance
- Butcher’s Bounty: provides you with plenty of meat to use for healing
- Adamantium Skeleton: tanking strong monsters is dangerous and so is a broken limb while fighting them, reduces stimpak usage and less being slowed down during combat
- All Night Long: to save up your aid for healing rather than satisfying your needs.
- Lifegiver: big health buff
- Natural Resistance: helps a little bit with the rad worms in nuked areas.
- Photosynthetic: health regeneration after combat saves up on aid
- Vaccinated: tanking means taking a lot of damage which means high chance of catching diseases and this combined with 15 Endurance should keep you disease free (don’t forget environmental diseases though)
- Bodyguards: more damage resistance
- Strange In Numbers: mutations are really strong so everyone in the group using a mutation is a really good idea hence this perk
- Suppressor: taking less damage which is basically more damage resistance
- Nerd Rage: saves you from going down, synergizes with Serendipity, Ricochet, Dodgy and damage resistance perks
- Dodgy: standing still to make enemies stop moving so your teammates can chuck grenades and mines at them more easely is a good idea and this should help with staying alive while doing little to no movement to avoid damage
- Starched Genes: to keep your mutations
- Serendipity: saves you from going down, synergizes with Nerd Rage, Ricochet and Dodgy.
- Ricochet: avoiding damage and throwing some of it back at enemies at all times is great
- One Gun Army: staggering the enemy makes them stop attacking which means both you and your teammates take less damage
Dec 12.: changed the build to a more minmax’d version due to special respecc being added, changed some text, adjusted Perk Switching and Variations
Dec 03.: changed some perks around based on recent experiences
Nov 22.: removed Electrically Charged because its stun is way too short/nonexistant
Nov 21.: added more to Perk Switching and Variations
Nov 19.: adjusted the build for Perk Switching, changed lots of text
Nov 11.: changed some text
Nov 10.: added Electrically Charged mutation
Nov 5.: transfered one point from Sun Kissed to Photosynthesis, removed Squad Maneuver and added The Weird, removed Power Patcher and added points to Marathoner, added Nerd Rage to build panner, updated variations, updated various text
Nov 4.: adjusted Special points for One Gun Army switching over to Luck, changed Variations
November 4, 2018 at 7:03 am