List of Fallout 76 Aluminum Locations
I put together this list with spots where you can find aluminum. You need aluminum to craft a workbench and repair certain weapons and armor.
If you know more good places, please let me know so I can add them! 🙂
- Tyler County Dirt Track Workshop (located northwest of Vault 76, west of the ferris wheel). You can find an Aluminum vein there.
- Claim the Workshop.
- Build the harvester on the vein + enough generators to power it (a total of 10 electricity is needed)
- Place some defenses around the harvester and the workbench since NPCs and/or player will try to claim it
- Collect the generated aluminum on a regular base, it will be stored in it (other players can take it too!)
- Find trays and scrap them – good places are schools and hospitals. A few examples:
- Morgantown High School cafeteria
- Fort Defiance (formerly Allegheny Asylum) in Cranberry Bog: Lots of surgical trays.
- Charleston Fire Department: Farm the protectrons standing around, they usually drop aluminum.
- Top of the world ski lodge in Savage Divide: Take all the ski poles outside.
- Flatwoods: Areas of fertile soil you can harvest Aluminum from + Fertile Soil Event (Mr. Handys have a chance to drop it)
- The hills and mountains around Savage Divide
Tip: Mark aluminum as wanted. If something has aluminum, it will show an icon when you hover it.
You can of course scrap items that contain aluminum, too. Here’s a list of items that contain it (probably not complete):
- Alarm Clock
- Aluminum Can
- Aluminum Canister
- Cake Pan
- Carlisle Typewriter
- Coolant Cap
- Ear Examiner
- Inactive Distress Pulsar
- Industrial Oil canister
- Ring Stand
- Surgical Tray (look out for hospitals, asylums,…)
- Toy Rocket Ship
- Tray (look out for schools and hospitals, eg the Morgantown High School)
- Tri Tool
- TV Dinner Tray
- Wake Master Alarm Clock
- Wind Chimes (can be found at porches of houses, you can hear them)