MEGA GUIDE: Best locations to farm legendary items in Fallout 76!
Update 2018/12/01: Added to more videos with summaries (by ESO and SpiderGamez)
Looking for good locations to farm legendary items in Fallout 76? I’m collecting them here! Post your favorite farming locations in the comments. 🙂
Here’s a list of the locations mentioned in the sources below (details in the following sections):
- Nuked areas, especially The Whitespring Resort and The Whitespring Golf Club
- The Whitespring Golf Club (even if not nuked)
- Watoga Emergency Services
- Watoga High School
- Blackwater Mine
- Uranium Fever (east of The Whitespring Resort at Blackwater Mine)
- One Violent Night (at Sons of Dane Compound, northeast of the ATLAS Observatory)
- Leader of the Pack (The Forest, near the Ferris Wheel)
- AWOL Armaments (at RobCo Research Center, far in the east of the map)
- Grafton Day (in Grafton, east of Vault 76)
- Monster Mash (Watoga High School)
- Horde events
I will add more locations as they pop up!
Top 5 Best Legendary Weapon Farming Locations (TwoDynamic)
At the moment the best way to farm for legendary weapons: Taking advantage of the nuked locations, specifically the Whitespring Golf Club and Whitespring Resort (also a good spot to farm XP). You can can come out of here with like twenty to thirty legendary items from just this one nuke location.
His tip: Start off at the Golf Club, lure all the enemies out and then jump on to different locations where they can’t hit you and then you can just hit them with melee weapons.
Once you’re done with the Golf Club part circle around towards the housing sort of area (north of the Golf Club). Clear the enemies out there and then you circle around again all the way to behind the Whitespring Resort. You clear those out there. The enemies are gonna keep respawning constantly so you’re literally gonna be able to fight like hundreds of these ghouls non-stop.
Watoga Emergency Services
Inside and all the way to the second floor. Most of the time at the very end of it a legendary enemy will spawn (just kill it, loot it, go back to the main menu, relog and do it again and again). Bonus: A Power Armor can spawn at the roof of the building.
Whitespring Golf Club
Good location even if not nuked. Walk inside, walk into a couple of rooms (letting them know you’re here), then run back out and wait for the hordes to come after you and then kill them all one by one.
Log out and in again and do it all over. Eventually, I do believe that there is kind of a lock in certain areas. So after your sixth or seventh time you may find yourself not finding too many legendary enemies spawning here. So what you would typically do in this situation:
One you’re done at the Whitespring Golf Club, head over to the Watoga Emergency Services and begin farming there.
Uranium Fever (east of The Whitespring Resort) – one of the best events in his opinion for getting legendary weapons.
One Violent Night (at Sons of Dane Compound, northeast of the ATLAS Observatory)
His recommended route
- Start off by nuking a location (you can find the current Nuke codes here on FalloutBuilds.com!) or do server hopping alternatively and hopefully at one of the servers someone nuked The Whitespring Resort.
- After you cleared the nuked area, move on to the Watoga Emergency Services.
- When legendary enemies aren’t spawning there frequently anymore, move on to The Whitespring Golf Club.
- While doing the two locations, look out for the Uranium Fever event and the One Violent Night event. If those do pop up, go to them and farm that way.
Top 5 Legendary Item Spawn Locations (JuiceHead)
Low + Mid-High Level Players
There a few locations in Fallout 76 that have higher chance of spawning an legendary enemy (not a 100% chance, but still really good)
Whitespring Golf Club
A lot of ghouls are spawning in here and it is likely that one of them is a legendary enemy.
Watoga High School
When you go in the High School, it’s gonna start the event “Monster Mash (Versus)” automatically. It’s more or less running around trying to get candy in this mask. In the background there are so many ghouls spawning (also a good way to farm XP).
A lot of times you will encounter at least one legendary enemy per round. After you completed the event, there’s a cooldown period. You can avoid it very simply by using server hopping. Just disconnect and join another server and the Event will be right there ready for you to start again.
Ton of mole miners around this location, so often times one of them will happen to be a legendary.
Method that will 100% give you a legendary item every time you do it: Through events – some of them will always give you a legendary item. The way to truly farm them is to server hop (switch from server to server until you find one of the events active).
Hordes will always have one legendary boss in them. Depending on where the horde is will determine how high of a legendary and how hard of an enemy
Event “Leader of the Pack” (The Forest, near the Ferris Wheel)
You have to hunt wolf packs: Low level event , so no lv 45 legendary items but probably 10-15
One reason a high level player might do this is if you actually plan on creating a second character you could this a couple of times and get a bunch of good armor pieces.
Event “Uranium Fever”
Best event for mid to high-level characters: “Uranium Fever” at Blackwater Mine, 3 legendary mole miners are spawning so you are getting 3 legendary enemys with probably level 40 to 70 which will always drop at least one legendary item.
High level players
Best way is to launch nukes.
Lv 50+ Legendary Farm (statictime)
BLAST ZONE LEGENDARY FARM
Rates on the amount you will encounter. 1 being a low rate and 5 being a high rate of encounter.
(enemy rate 1-5) (legendary rate 1-5) (EXP rate 1-5)
Morgan town: (exp 3)
- Bloated glowing ghouls / (4) Robots (1)
- Legendary Enemies (1)
Golf course: (exp 5) *so far my best legendary farm location*
- Bloated glowing ghouls (4) / Radstag (1) / Wendigo (1)
- Legendary Enemies (5)
Clarksburg: (exp 4)
- Bloated glowing ghouls (3) / ghouls (3) / Snallygaster (2)
- Legendary Enemies (3)
Top of the world: (exp 1)
- Super mutants (2) / Mole miners (1) / Mega Sloth (1) / yao guai (1)
- Legendary Enemies (1)
Fissure prime: (exp 4) *This is were you will find the best lv 50 end game loot*
- Scorch queen (1) / Scorch beast (4) / to many enemies to name (5)
- Legendary Enemies (4)
Watoga: (exp 2)
- Scorchbeast (3) / murlock (2) / Bloated glowing ghouls (1) / Robots (4) / super mutants (1)
- Legendary Enemies (3) – usually found them on the outskirt edges of Watoga.
EVENT LEGENDARY FARM
Only posting below legendary enemies that drop legendary gear lv 40+ There’s many more legendary farm events but these have been the one paying off for me. (feel free to post down below high level legendary gear you have encounter from events)
- Location: Blackwater mine
- While defending the extractors you will encounter roughly three 2-3 star legendary enemies over time that will drop Level 40 legendary gear.
One violent night
- Location: Sons of Dane compound
- While playing instruments and defeating waves of enemies the last wave will be the Legendary Windigo boss that scales on level.
- Location: anywhere (preferably east side of map for higher level legendaries)
- Horde events will have you tracking 4 different locations to find the right one where the boss will be located, I feel the level of the legendary depends on where the horde event is located so I try to do the events on the east side of the map as they obtain higher level enemies.
AWOL Armaments (Credit to: BabyBankss)
- Location: RobCo Research Center
- One or two 3 Star Mr. Gutsy’s that scale to level. Then upon completion you can go into facility and there is usually another high level legendary enemy.
Top 6 BEST Legendary Weapons & Armor Farming Locations! (ESO)
Two farming methods:
- Certain events which give you at least three legendary items per event -> most efficient way to farm legendary items
- Farming locations that spawn a ton of ghouls repeatedly (ghouls and scorched are the best enemies to farm for legendary weapons because the game spawns a lot of them at once and they’re very easy to kill)
Best events to farm:
- Uranium Fever (Blackwater Mine, east of the Whitespring Resort)
-> Between 3 and 5 legendary items in 8 minutes
- Leader of the Pack (near the Ferris Wheel, northwest of Vault 76)
-> Easier for low-level-players, you get at least 3 legendary items in about 5 minutes if you’re fast, but the items are between level 1 and 25
- Horde events
-> Randomly all over the map
- One Violent Night (Sons of Dane Compound)
- Grafton Day (northeast of Vault 76 in Grafton)
-> You have to kill the Grafton Monster, good farming location for late-game legendary weapons
- Monster Mash (Versus) (Watoga High School)
-> Best event in this list, full of high-level enemies, must-be late-game event location. The event repeats itself over and over, so just stay there
Three Legendary Farming Methods in Fallout 76 (SpiderGamez)
SpiderGamez is presenting different methods, sorted from worst to best.
- Monster Mash in Watoga High School -> According to him the worst way to farm, because you only get combat armor
His method to farm legendary items and materials:
- Sugar Grove -> good place to find springs, lot of clipboards, fans, pencils. Go inside where you most of the time find legendary enemies (more infos in the video starting at around minute 2:15)
- Watoga Emergency Services -> Good place to find medical supplies. Go up to the second floor, at the end is a legendary enemy
- Watoga Municipal Center -> Go up the fire escape and get into the building, go through the hallways. Lots of Scorched there. Go up another stair and there’s always a legendary enemy.
- Before you leave Watoga, go and check the streets for a legendary robot, there is usually one or two going around
- Wendigo Cave -> You can get a lot of legendary items there, but there’s a chance too that you don’t get any, bit of luck here.
He also recommends nuking an area (or going to an area which has been nuked by another player).